Thursday, May 3, 2007

Malicious Intent


Well, the time is finally here. Late today (okay, okay, REALLY early tomorrow) I will be driving down to Arlington, Virginia for my first taste of Malice Domestic. It will be the first conference I've gone to since I completed the first draft and the first since Bouchercon in Madison last year. Let me tell you, if it's half as much fun as Bouchercon, it's money well-spent.

You can't really go wrong with the entertainment value of any of the panels at this type of event, the authors seem to bring out the best in each other, and, believe me, the more the merrier. In particular, I am looking forward to the old-time radio-themed Theater of the Air on Friday night and the "It's a Man's World" panel on Saturday morning.

Some of the authors I'm looking forward to talking to/meeting/seeing again are (in alphabetical order): Donna Andrews, Charles Benoit, Judy Clemens, Barbara D'Amato, Vicki Delany, Michael Dymmoch, Barbara Hambly, Libby Fischer Hellmann, Joyce and Jim Lavene, David Skibbins, and Jacqueline Winspear.

There are also authors I wish were going to be there that will be sorely missed (and this is just the list based on who I think would fit in here!): Lorraine Bartlett, Terence Faherty, Harley Jane Kozak, Sujata Massey, PB Ryan.

I'm sure I'll think of more people I'll miss once I get there, but already it sounds like a very full weekend. But, bolstered by yet another person saying good words about me before the weekend starts, I have high hopes and plan to make the most of it. Geez, I hope I get enough sleep...

Bah, I can sleep when I'm dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Judy Clemens I said "Hi!!!" (And that the damn dishwasher is still alive. Grrrrr!)

Jared said...

Will do!