Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Wish That I Had Jesse's Curve


Now, look at this picture. Is that a face only a mother could love, or what? Well, for at least today, I love him too. His name is Jesse Litsch, and he is the starting pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays tonight. With 3 of the 5 starters set at opening day gone from the rotation, the Jays need some help. They looked down to their AA affiliate New Hampshire Fisher Cats to find it. There, Jesse Litsch was having a great year. He had compiled a 5-1 record with an ERA under 1, including giving up only 1 Earned Run in his last four starts. He proabably wont' stay on the roster, but for tonight, he's the Golden Boy.

But the more I find out about him, the more I like him. First of all, he shares my birthday, okay, not the same year, but still--The most famous person to have my birthday up until this point was Emmanuel Lewis. And that WAS the same year. But also, his Dad's birthday is today. He's going to fly up from Florida to Toronto to watch his son make his Major League debut. How cool is that? And his Dad is turning 57, which means he had the kid when he was about 34, and I wasn't much younger than that when my boy was born....

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? So, come on everybody, put your positive thoughts out there for Jesse. Let's beat those Orioles and (woo) maintain our tenuous grip on 4th place!

No comments: