Thursday, May 31, 2007

Closing the Month Notes

Whoa, sorry about that, guys. I sorta took a little vacation there. But it's still been my best month as far as blogging is concerned. I'll try to at least match the posts next month, although there's a lot going on, especially at the end of the month. Here's some updates:

- I went to a Cataloguing Symposium in NYC a few weeks ago for work. It hink it was good. We'll try to implement some of it this Summer.

- Then I came home and took my family to Cooperstown. We were there for the Hall of Fame Game (Blue Jays v. Orioles) and the festivities around it. My son was afraid of the subdued lighting, but I had a good time.

- A full one-third of all of Major League Baseball has been eliminted, by me, from winning the World Series. (Including the fact that my beloved Jays will not show up on this list). Here is the updated list and their elimination numbers (the number of combined losses by the team and wins by the Wild Card leader in each league).

#1 - Tampa Bay (104)

#2 - Kansas City (98)

#3 - Washington (99)

#4 - Seattle (109)

#5 - Colorado (103)

#6 - Texas (99)

#7 - Cincinnati (98)

#8 - Pittsburgh (102)

#9 - Houston (100)

I expect the first actual elimination around August 15. I can't wait to see who it will be!

Obviously, the biggest mistake was Seattle, which is now only 3.5 games out of the Wild Card, but it's going to get much tougher now, as the parity in baseball continues and anyone that goes on a run can put themselves in contention.

- I am now reading THE BLACK ECHO by Michael Connelly. A little more procedural than I normally read, and I was expecting it to be first-person, based on THE POET, but it's good so far. And the tunnel rat stuff is just really claustrophobic.

- The Guppies have not written back to me about membership.

So, that's what's going on with me. I am putting the final touches on my novel and I want some people to read it. I want to start the next one. Vacation at the end of the month. Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Perhaps the reason you haven't heard from the Guppies is because the election for empty positions (and the Membership position has been empty for the past 6 weeks) was yesterday. I've sent a message to the Guppy prez and you should hear something soon. And if you don't, please let me know.

Jared said...

Thanks, Lorraine!