Friday, October 3, 2008

Bouchercon Pre-Game, Part 3

Friday, October 10
8:30am - We'll all just assume I can get up this early. Laura Lippman is on a panel again this day, but I'll likely be at the "Six Days on the Road" panel with Jacqueline Winspear.

10am - This time slot is the biggest travesty of the conference, making me choose between Marcus Sakey and Max Allan Collins talking about movies and Sean Chercover and Duane Swierczynski talking about TV. Why can't they temporarily clone me?

11:30am - Another tough call. There is a panel on "Making Your Characters Believable," which might be helpful, but "Noir for the New Century" with Megan Abbott and Eddie Muller sounds fascinating.

12:30pm - There is a Bouchercon business lunch meeting, where a vote will be taken on the 2010 Bouchercon applications: San Francisco and Tempe, and a confirmation of the bid for 2011: St. Louis. Otherwise, I'll be at the market again.

2 comments:

Marcus Sakey said...

Chercover's a hack. I'm just saying.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I envy you and wish I was there. I am currently reading Die a little by Megan Abbot which has just been published in the UK. A very good neo-noir.