Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bouchercon Pre-Game, Part 1

Well, it's a new month, so I thought I'd get a new post up. What's that, you say? I haven't been around in FOUR months? Well, that's ridiculous. I'll just look back at my last post and...

Wow. It has been some time, hasn't it? And I didn't exactly leave on a positive note. Well, fear not. I am happy, healthy, writing and looking forward to my second Bouchercon experience ever. It is going to be jam-packed with goodness, and I thought I'd give you some idea of what I'll be doing when, if you want to follow along.

Wednesday, October 8
We are arriving in the afternoon and going to the hotel to settle in. There is really nothing scheduled for that night, so we may go out to a restaurant (I believe The Hungry Detective has made reservations) and then hang at the bar and see who shows up. (You listenin' Trey?)

Thursday, October 9
8:30 am - Early, right? Well, we won't be the only ones up early, because there are 5 author panels starting at this time, including one with Sean Chercover. I have to leave this one early, but that's okay, because Sean is going to be ALL OVER this conference.

9am - I'm giving of myself by volunteering at the Sisters-in-Crime table in the Hospitality Suite.

10am - I saw Austin Camacho at the Malice Domestic conference in 2007. I'll see him again here as he talks about "Challenging the Reader."

11:30am - Lee Child has a panel at this time, but I think I'll be at "Getting Cops Right in Fiction." I haven't read any of the authors, but I like the subject matter.

12:30pm - I was supposed to attend the Sisters-in-Crime lunch, but I didn't send my check in on time. I might walk down to the market and see what they've got. I hear they have a Chocolate Festival going on.

Tune in tomorrow to see what I'll be doing the rest of Thursday, and beyond.

4 comments:

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

The panels sound great and a chocolate festival to boot - sheer heaven I'd say.

Sean Chercover said...

You're right - I am going to be all over B'con, at least until I collapse in a heap. I look forward to seeing you next week.

Anonymous said...

About time you showed up here again. Sheesh! Four months I've been checking.

Make sure you say hi fore me to Beth Wasson at the SinC table. And that I'll see her at Malice next spring!

Jared said...

Hey Lorraine!

I need to get a badge. Are you still doling them out? And do you need me to spread out a schmeer of those new bookmarks on tables for you? Can do if you want!