Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bouchercon Authors

If you read my post a couple weeks ago about the Top 10 Reasons to Attend Bouchercon, then you know one of the best reasons is meeting the authors. I've been to 3 Bouchercons so far, and I've met people that I really like and some that I call friends. I'm very sad not to be going this year to San Francisco, but I'm very excited about the NoirCon conference in November. If I were going to Bouchercon, these are the authors I'd look forward to re-connecting with. If you're going, look them up. And tell them Jared sent ya.

Megan Abbott - One of the best noir authors working today, she's also a great source for noir conversation, whether it's about film noir, noir authors of the past or today. Luckily, I'll get to see her again and NoirCon. And you may be hearing more about her...

Trey Barker - A hilarious guy that you should hang out with at the bar if you want to meet anybody. And a hell of an author to boot. I'll be doing the non-Memorial shot on my own this year.

Brett Battles - I walked with Brett from the hotel to the Anthony Awards in Indy last year. We had a nice conversation which I'm sure he doesn't remember. But a really great thriller writer and a nice guy.

Judy Clemens -Another friend from Madison, Judy is the author of the Stella Crown series and the Grim Reaper mysteries. Another great author, and super nice on top.



Marcus Sakey - A super author that bases his thrillers on everyman characters you'll find in Chicago. GOOD PEOPLE is probably my favorite, but you can't go wrong with any of them.





Stephen Jay Schwartz - You've heard my story of how I met Stephen, but now that I've interviewed him, I'd love to talk to him face-to-face.

Jacqueline Winspear - I met Jacqueline at the only Malice Domestic I went to. Super nice and a beautiful woman. I really admire her Maisie Dobbs mysteries.

I plan on being in St. Louis in 2011, but that doesn't mean I won't be a little down this weekend. Hope you all have fun!

No comments: