Monday, July 9, 2007

Back from Vacation

Well, I'm back from Vacation, and it's time to get down to business. I've got lots to blog about, but I'm way behind on my doomsaying. In the original plan, I was going to give Major League Baseball a reprieve for All-Star Week, but I missed a couple of weeks along the way, so I have to eliminate someone this week, and those someones are....

The Chicago White Sox. This is the first of the recent World Series winners that I have eliminated. The Cards are still in it. The Red Sox are still in it. You'd have to go back to the 1990 World Series Champs, the Cincinnati Reds, to find the only other recent Champ to be eliminated thus far. Which probably says a lot about the atmosphere of winning. But the White Sox are floundering. The pitching that they rode back in 2005 has been virtually depleted. They made a commitment to the future by re-signing Mark Buehrle, but the future is not now.

No comments: