Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm Done! (Again!)

I have finished my re-write of the novel, adding about 2000 words to it. It now stands at about 72,500 words. A short novel, to be sure, but tight, I hope. I was looking for places to add to, believe me.

I have asked a few people to read it and tell me what they think. I am also now officially a member of a Sisters-in-Crime subgroup called The Guppies (the Great UnPublished). I am hoping that I will gain a wealth of information from this group, maybe even getting my manuscript read and reading a few myself. I really hope to get some help on...

Query Letters! That's right, it is now time to switch gears from narrative fiction to selling myself. I am going to have to research both agents and editors to find out who I think would be most likely to want to represent or publish this novel. There will be a quite a few letters leaving my place for NYC in the following weeks. And it's going to be a long process, so stay tuned.

No comments: