Monday, November 16, 2009

The Film Noir Program

I've tried not to keep it too much of a secret that I was curating the next edition of the "Essential Film Noir" series running at the Dryden Theater (at George Eastman House) in January and February. Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any to announce the line-up of films.

Jan. 7 – White Heat (1949)
Jan. 14 - Gun Crazy (1950)/My Name is Julia Ross (1945) (double feature) – Joseph Lewis
Jan. 21 - Kiss of Death (1947)
Jan. 28 – Crossfire (1947)/The Set-Up (1949) (double feature) – Robert Ryan
Feb. 4 – Dark Passage (1947)
Feb. 11 - Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (1956)/Kiss the Blood Off My Hands (1948) (double feature) – Joan Fontaine
Feb. 18 - Where the Sidewalk Ends (1950)
Feb. 25 – The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)

The double features will start at 7pm. All the other films will start at 8pm. I'm really excited about this line-up, and excited at the possibility that there may be a special guest or two stopping by to help celebrate. There will be many more details to come, including (I hope), sneak peeks at program notes, who is coming and when, and even (gulp) video of film introductions. We'll see how it works out.

No comments: